05 May 2012
- Heath Bell is out as the Marlins closer role for now. After his fourth blown save (although really his 5th, Cishek got one when he was trying to clean up Bell's mess) Ozzie Gullien told Bell that he would be used earlier in games until he gets his stuff right. The Marlins will use either Ryan Webb or Randy Choate in the next two games in a closer if needed, but Steve Cishek is expected to get the majority of the opportunities after that. Because of the high volume of use recently he is not expected to pitch again till the Marlins visit Houston on Tuesday. In 8 2/3 innings with the Marlins this year, Heath Bell has given up 11 earned runs, 13 total runs, 10 walks, 15 hits, while only striking out six, and has a 11.82 ERA.
- With the Marlins high use of its bullpen recently thanks in part to the amount of extra innings games the Marlins have sent Dan Jennings and Bryan Petersen back down to New Orleans and have brought up a pair of relievers in Chris Hatcher and Sandy Rosario.
- After two days off John Buck is back in the Marlins lineup as expected. Unlike Logan Morrison, who is missing his second straight game to rest his knee, Buck sat out yesterday because of how effective Brett Hayes had been hitting the ball in the San Francisco series.
- Sundayâ€™s Marlins game will be broadcast on MAJIC 102.7 FM at 4:05 p.m. The Miami Heat basketball game will be broadcast on 790 AM.
- Marlins have won 4 times in a row for the first time in 2012, and in those four games Giancarlo Stanton is 6 for 16 with 3 home runs (has 4 in last 6 games), 3 runs, 4 RBI, 4 walks, and juust 3 strike outs.